Video Grabber Audio question

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Wed Apr 28 14:06:38 EDT 2010

I posted this on the wrong list a couple of days ago.
---

I've gotten the Video grabber to do mostly what I want

- except decide how to control the audio - it always seems to just follow
the video input

Problems
1. The audio mutes in record
2. the audio level is low in preview
3. Ins and Outs don't switch with default settings

is there a missing audio panel for the grabber?
Should I be using Trevor's Quicktime External for all of this and forget the
grabber?

or "you can't get there from here"   ??

This thing is pretty cool; it 'almost works'.  I'm using it to capture every
video I've shot since 1971 at full DV resolution  (on one hard drive!). I
especially like the ability to set the "Progressive" setting to
de-interlace, which is not always available in other apps.

thanks in advance.