Problems building my standalone

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Mon Apr 26 06:26:41 EDT 2010

Hello,

I have a very mysterious problem, researching since two days, but not
knowing anymore where to look for.

I wanted to create a new version of my prog, with minor changes. Creating
the standalones for win and Mac, everything worked fine. The Win standalone
runs fine, but the Mac standalone hangs at a call of a handler of a substack
(after start using.). Because this substack is a third party password
protected stack, I can't debug it.

Some handlers later my prog hangs at  the very first Valentina database
statement: get valentina_init(). When debugging, I don't get an error, nore
a database ID, the script just jumps off to the end of the handler without
executing any more.

Same happens with starting the prog on Mac in the IDE. On Win everything is
fine. So obviously it is not a problem of the standalone.

I tried building a new standalone with an older version of my program, which
has run before, but the same problem happens.

I tried different version of runrev, with always the same result. It just
seems, as if any licence has been switched off since 1. April.

My older standalones of the same program still run fine on the Mac. So the
problem seems to be in the build process or linking the vcomponents.

Does the runrev licence expire in any kind?

Is the Valentina licence be valid only for a limited period? (I ask this in
the valentina list.)

Or could perhaps the latest Mac-Update interfere in any kind?

Or can you think of any other reason, why I can't get my program to run
anymore?

It "feels" like linking the externals and substacks doesn't work anymore
correctly, but I don't know why and where to look for and how to analyse.

Thank you for any idea where to start researching, perhaps anybody has
experienced something similar?

Tiemo