For newbies by newbie

Graham & Heather Harrison crw at nosirrah.com
Sun Apr 25 21:56:39 EDT 2010

I have promised Heather I will write an article for newbies on rev from a newbie perspective (necessarily an independent newbie perspective).

Just over a week ago I sent a request to the support desk about the inverted way the Application Browser handles groups when Edit Group is selected. Just when I want to see what controls are in the group, they disappear. Jacque sent me a good explanation of why it is so, but still left me with the problem of being unable to see the defined groups.

I was about to go trawling for a possible existing solution to listing group members, and attempt to write my own if nothing was available, when I accidentally discovered that double-clicking on the Layer heading in Application Browser causes all groups to be recursively indented. (Removing the indent requires double-clicking on any column but Layer.)

This is not in any documentation that I have seen, so I would like to know if it is documented anywhere, or is reasonably well known. Otherwise, it would be a good candidate for inclusion in the article.