(no subject)

Haroldo Mauro Jr. hmauro at hmauro.com
Sun Apr 18 09:34:43 EDT 2010

At 15:06 +0200 18/04/10, Andre.Bisseret wrote:
>Bonjour Haroldo,
>Welcome to the list :-)))
>

>Le 18 avr. 10 à 13:29, Haroldo Mauro Jr. a écrit :
>
>>Hi everybody, I just joined this list. I used Hypercard for many years, since I got my first Mac in 1991. Then, some years ago swiched to  Supercard, which I've been using a lot.  I've had Revolution Studio for over a year but only now am trying to use it more steadly. So, here's what I need help with right now.
>>In a converted Hypercard stack, an arrowKey handler in the stack script is not behaving as expected. So I checked the Revolution dictionary and found this example below, which I tested on my stack and it didn't work, just the same:
>>
>>(example from Rev dictionary)
>>on arrowKey theKey -- make Up arrow go to the first card
>> if theKey is "up" then go to card 1
>> else pass arrowKey
>>end arrowKey
>>
>>Instead of going to card 1 it kept going to the next card each time I pressed the up arrow key, and after the last card the stack just closed.
>
>I just made
>-  a new main stack
>- pasted  the handler above in the stack script
>
>then it is working as expected. Il I am on card 2 or 3, pressing the up arrow key leads me to card 1
>
>I am on RunRev Enterprise. I havn't RunRev Studio. But I tried with RunRev Media, and it is running as expected as well.
>
>Well, don"t know why it is not the case for you; hav'nt you kept another handler somewhere which could interfere? (take precedence over this one)
>
>Best regards from Grenoble
>
>André

Andre, I opened the stack with Media, but no luck. However, I created a new stack and it worked (the short one). It seems obvious that the problem is in the stack.  However, I  converted the same stack to Supercard and that same script (the long one) works in SC, as well as in Hypercard. I did a search for arrowKey in the search box and found it only  once, in the stack script.

Haroldo