Specialfolderpath (26) and roaming

David Glasgow david at dvglasgow.wanadoo.co.uk
Sun Apr 18 07:10:27 EDT 2010

Hello folks,

My platform specific saving data script now works fine.... thanks for the advice so far.

However, I was thrown a bit because Specialfolderpath (26) on my Vista machine points to a folder ..../appdata/roaming

As far as I can make out, if a user is logged into a server, this directory is saved there, and will be accessible whatever machine is subsequently used to log in.  I have to say I don't quite understand how that would work in practice, because presumably each machine could have a different variant of appdata/roaming......

Apart form not quite getting what is going on with the roaming thing, my questions are:

1/ Does Specialfolderpath (26) serve different purposes on other Win versions?

2/ Does it matter that a standalone for a single user & non networked computer is saving information in the ..../appdata/roaming directory?

Thanks

David Glasgow