OT: Microsoft is really annoying

David Coker davidocoker at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 17:05:10 EDT 2010

Thought I might throw out some advice that has really made a huge and
very important difference for me...

I can't speak for others, but it takes between 25-28 hours for me to
re-install windows, all of the windows updates and my software in the
event of a major malfunction. (virus-wise or just the garden variety
windows fun and games)

These days I use a product from TeraByte Software, allowing me to
completely restore my entire system in roughly one hour if there any
problems. The key is that you do the backup right after a fresh
installation of the O/S, with updates and all of your software in
place. The name of the inexpensive product is "Image For Windows" and
it's gotta be worth 5 times what they charge for it.

...I've had to use it 3 times recently on a crappy Vista machine,
saving myself 80-90 hours and a lot of frustration. Here is a link if
you folks want to check it out:

http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/image-for-windows.htm

Best regards,
David