Thoughts on fetching data from iRev cgi's (in chunks)

David Bovill david.bovill at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 16:41:54 EDT 2010

On 12 April 2010 20:36, Andre Garzia <andre at andregarzia.com> wrote:

> David,
>
> Check out HTTP Chunked Transfers, it will allow you to output chunks as you
> compute them but be aware, I don't know if you can do that with on-rev.com

Thanks took a look - seems heavy - interesting for streaming maybe - but my
use case is for typical web siervices - where you first get some XML - then
go out and fetch say 20- 100 images (one at a time) that the XML references.
What would be great would be to first get the XML - layout something basic
in the Rev client and then go back to the server and fetch a bunch of images
in one go which in the man time the server has sorted for you - rather than
the client making 100 http calls? Seems sensible? Just never heard anyone do
this :)