Do ... as Applescript, bugs??

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 11 13:22:21 EDT 2010

One 'bug' that was present for me in Rev 2.7.2 and Rev 2.9.0 was in
the IDE

I found that after the first AScript sent to a Rev stack 'on
appleevent', that subsequent calls to Rev were silent.

The answer was to switch from Browse tool to Pointer, then back again.
This was not the case for making calls to other programs like Excel,
Photoshop, Word, etc.

On Apr 11, 2010, at 9:22 AM, Andrew Meit wrote:

> I am struggling to figure out why do as Applescript works once
> correctly but second time its fired off, Rev hangs and returns
> "execution error". My As code works correctly within the As editor
> all the time. I am talking directly to the Applescript editor with
> my do statements. I am using 4.0. Are there known bugs with As with
> Rev at this time?
> Any As gurus willing to help please contact me off list.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas