FTP directory listing showing seconds

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Apr 10 15:29:07 EDT 2010

The FTP 'LIST' command sucks. It only shows mod dates down to the
minute, and only for those files modified within the last six months;
earlier than that and you only get the day.

On the desktop of course we enjoy being able to get time stamps down to
the second.  Nice.

Is there some obscure FTP command I've overlooked which can get a list
of files showing mod dates down to the second?

I may have to use a CGI for this project, but I'd love a solution that
can keep everything client-side if possible.

TIA -

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World