revMobile

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Fri Apr 9 02:05:14 EDT 2010

Yup to all of that, Richard. I'm aware of some seriously high budget iPhone apps being done in Unity 3D right now, which is one of the borderline cases (it actually does output an XCode project, but there are other layers to the tool). Not that any developer is "unimportant", but we're talking about alienating some of the real high end stuff.

One part I haven't deciphered -- what happens to developers already working with iPhone SDK 3.2? Surely those apps are going to run for a while longer, and that SDK doesn't have the new terms that 4.0 does. I assume 3.2 is also what RevMobile is based off of. Granted, that's not much consolation to a dev environment if it's going to be phased out anyway, but I have a feeling a lot of projects are going to get grandfathered in if they already got started on 3.2.