revMobile

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Apr 9 00:56:35 EDT 2010

Jerry Daniels wrote:

 > I anticipate this latest change to the "rules" will generate
 > quite fierce debate among all concerned....

Perhaps translated: "Class action suit". ;)

Like taking out a single sniper by dropping napalm across an entire
jungle, if Apple was targeting Adobe they sure took out a lot of
collateral damage: from Appcelerator to PhoneGap and maybe a dozen
others, there are a great many people in this affected "class".

In terms of monopolistic practices, the only thing distinguishing Apple
from Microsoft these days is that they're less successful with market share.

With enough growth we may see dozens of governments around the world
slam Apple as they did Microsoft, over many of the same principles.

"Why punish success?"

That was Microsoft's defense too. And they still lost.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World