Distributing Mac apps

Dom mcdomi at free.fr
Mon Sep 28 12:45:14 EDT 2009

stephen barncard <stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com> wrote:

>  I HATE IT when a third party application *insists* on being in the
> 'Application Folder'. I just have too many applications..  I want to use my
> own organizational system. I assume Apple apps always want to be there.

+1

I do have an "Applications" folder -- in my own session ;-)

So I ensure myself to backup the proper User -- me

And rely on the installation disc(s) to install -- restore the "root"
Applications one level "below" the User(s)

In the eventuality of a problem, it seems to me fundamental to separate
the "System" (as furnished by Apple), and whatever the User(s) has
(have) installed ;-)