Stupid Send in Time Question

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Tue Sep 22 21:59:29 EDT 2009

Hello,

After not really using Rev for 3 years and finding myself with time on my
hands, I decided to get reacquainted.

So, I'm taking little baby steps, trying to remember what little I knew
three years ago.

I'm trying to do a timed presentation of images onscreen, so I end up with
45 lines of script in which pretty much every other line is a wait
statement (do something, wait, do something, wait).

Someone suggested I break the handler up into a bunch of little
sub-handlers and use send in time and, remembering the oft-repeated list
admonition to do this, I sat down to think about it.

But I don't get it.  This will result in a script that's orders of
magnitude larger as each showing will need to have its own subhandler for
the sending in time.

If I'm the only person running the stack in the IDE, is there any other
benefit to be gained by adding all those additional lines other than not
locking up the IDE when running the stack there?  Is there some
better way to do it?

Kindest thanks,

Judy