I need to blink and carry on !

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 20 14:11:08 EDT 2009

> On Sep 20, 2009, at 10:33 AM, stephen barncard wrote:
>
>> send in time
>> get Dar Scott's stack that demonstrates Message Mechanics
>>
>> http://pages.swcp.com/dsc/revstacks.html
>>
>> -------------------------
>> Stephen Barncard
>> San Francisco
>> http://houseofcubes.com/disco.irev
>>

>> 2009/9/20 Francis Nugent Dixon <effendi at wanadoo.fr>
>>
>>> Hi from Paris,
>>>
>>> Way back in the good old days, on a 3270
>>> monitor, we could blink any line. Very useful !
>>>
>>> I want to blink an error message, to bring
>>> it to the attention of the user, but I don't
>>> want to stop the execution of the current
>>> script.
>>>
>>> How would I go about this ?
In Rev, many thing run faster if the
screen lock is true and the
lock messages is true

Try
lock messages -- unless you need this
lock screen
repeat many steps
add 1 to processCount
if the processCount > 50 then
unlock screen --allow an update
set the hilite of something to false
lock screen
set the hilite of something to true --for next time
put 0 into processCount
end if
end repeat

---
Also look at a second compiled app that doest the blinking blinking.
It will run as a separate process in RAM and cpu thread

Jim Ault
Las Vegas