[SOT] Haiku ???

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Thu Sep 17 08:39:08 EDT 2009

Richmond,
Look at the about box for that system and look into past mantainers...
you'll see, me! :D

I created the network preferences for Haiku during the Google Summer of
Code. Ok Ok, it is a very basic network preference pane but it is mine and
it was done in C++

As for Rev running under haiku, we'll thats my dream, if I could somehow
fund this I would (tried the national lottery but did not win). Haiku is too
small a market right now for them to target. Haiku has a potential to become
the de facto free desktop operating system, it is way more pleasant than
linux, right now, all that is missing is better hardware support and more
applications. The rest is already there, the foundations are very solid.

Keep an eye on Haiku, it will make lots of noise.

But for Rev to run under haiku it would require a new implementation of all
the graphics layer since haiku is not linux and does not use X11, GTK and
friends. If Rev reaches the modularity stage where it someone can simply
port some simple files and have it running on other system, we can then,
make a pot of money and try to buy a custom engine.

:D