Two questions about trev

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Mon Sep 14 10:37:30 EDT 2009

Jerry-

Monday, September 14, 2009, 6:54:29 AM, you wrote:

> I did a tree view of the code that worked on handlers and other
> control structures. It just didn't hold up very well when scripts got
> sizable. Also, dealing with the many variations of if-then-else was
> not pleasant. I've still got code stubs in tRev to do folding,
> actually, but I tend to think it is a case of rubbing revolution's fur
> the wrong way. I've come to think it's not an ideal fit for the nature
> of the language or the text editing nature of the editing environs.

Not sure that I completely agree here, at least with the "nature of
the language" part. Obviously you don't want to mess with the script
itselfe, but for long handlers (come on, we've all got them) it's
often hard to find the matching "end if" statement for an "if",
especially if they're nested three or four levels deep. Folding is a
way to indicate that, but there are other visual indicators that work
as well: option-click or something on the start of a conditional to
highlight the end statement, etc.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net