Printing a series of numbers

DunbarX at aol.com DunbarX at aol.com
Fri Sep 11 13:44:14 EDT 2009

Jerome:

Ah, now I understand. So the tray being empty is what really matters.

How important is this task? It would be simple to make a small sensor that
monitors the paper in the tray, and tells Rev to stop printing and do the
bookkeeping. A number of possibilities come to mind, a light sensor, a long
lever microswitch, a contact plate, etc.

The interface would only cost a couple hundred dollars, and is available
from:

http://www.bkohg.com/index_e.html

I have the Service USB Plus, but either of its smaller brothers would work
fine. The whole thing can be finished with a few dollars worth of parts and
an hour (hah!) of Rev fiddling.

The device would detect when the last page was printed, and send a signal
to Rev, which will be watching for it. If you need advice on how to go about
this, let me know.

Craig Newman