There is a folder returns 'false' for folder selected with 'answer folder'

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed Sep 9 21:37:34 EDT 2009

On Sep 9, 2009, at 2:34 PM, Jim Bufalini wrote:

> I think you are dealing with a couple things here. I did remember
> correctly
> that there was a difference between "there is a folder" and "there
> is a
> file" across network shares. So for example, this works where you
> select a
> file like *//computerName/folderName/filename* You will get true:

> I thought I had gotten it to work before by changing the slash but
> as you
> can see I just tested and it is false in both cases. There is a work
> around,
> I just can't remember it. ;-)

Having the user map the network drive is one workaround, although not
an ideal one.

> The reason why it may not be working for you is you need to check
> the share
> property on the shared folder itself and go to Advanced button and
> then
> Permission and make sure it is allowing Full Control. Otherwise you
> have
> only read permissions, which is the default.

Right. We got the file writing issue worked out. It was a red herring
and was related to the fact that 'there is a folder' wasn't working
properly. Thanks for the additional info Jim.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems