Quicktime and the Snow Leopard

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 07:34:06 EDT 2009

Flash - Smash!  Poo!
I have a feeling that if we all make an effort we can leverage the revLets
and the web plug-in
to leave Flash far behind.

And, while we are on the subject; there are other, less obvious,ways to
provide animation
and so on on RR. A while back (wait until I am back in Bulgaria to reference
my stack on
this) I found that one can export a movie as a series of still images,
import them on some
hidden card, and then set them through a repeat loop as icons for a button
or imagedata
or, or, or . . . there are quite a few possibilities (animated GIFS ???):
the problem with this
method is that sound gets lost.

As far as I can see just now the main things that would be 'lost' without
the QT leverage would
be synchronised sound with 'movies' and QTVR.

So, as far as I can see, if one makes a bit of an effort one should be able
to do all the things that
RR currently gets via QT without QT. What is needed is for US, ALL to spend
a bit of time
running up example stacks on how this can be done.