Quicktime and the Snow Leopard

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 05:28:36 EDT 2009

Inevitably I am going to say what I have been banging on about for quite
some time:
I believe it is in Runtime Revolution's interests to free themselves from a
dependence
on Quicktime; preferably "rolling their own" stuff to handle multimedia:
maybe so that
all the multimedia capabilities offered by RR would work on Linux in exactly
the same way
as they work on Mac and Win.

Sooner rather than later RR's dependency on Quicktime is going to prove an
embarrassment;
and, just possibly, that moment is already upon us.