ideas for 6 year old stack

Sadhu Nadesan sadhu at castandcrew.com
Tue Sep 8 12:39:04 EDT 2009

Namaste, Swami

You wrote,

http://www.himalayanacademy.com/runrev/dws-youth/
> p.s. ideas on what might be done to enhance this would be more than
> welcome. I don't have the mental re-estate right now to build out a
> broader functional specification, but it begs for more...please pile on!

Ok, here is an idea.  (admittedly, an idea requiring a lot of effort,
though simple to state) : make it game.

As an example I would point to

http://www.runescape.com/

Highly recommended: create an account, log in, do the tutorial.  (10
minutes).  An adviser comes along to teach you hints about the game.
They lead you step by step.  There are of course tests to pass, missions
to accomplish, the parallels are obvious to the DWS course, and the
youth need high minded games so much!  They are going to play games anyway.

For example, the first thing you learn in the game is how to talk to
another player, which it says, is the first step towards success of any
kind.  Say, isn't that true in real life as well?  What success have we
had that didn't start at some point in time with talking with someone?
(such as on this list, grin).  We are not alone!

Aum Aum
Sadhunathan