Revlet: server files() and folders()

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Sep 2 17:56:41 EDT 2009

Derek Bump wrote:
> Is it possible for a revlet to get the detailed files() and folders() on
> the server, instead of the temporary folder it's downloaded to?

Not directly. You can do one of two things. The first way is to send an
ftp request for a folder, and you'll get a file listing back. You must
include your username and password in the url or the server will say you
don't have permissions. It looks like this:

  get url ("ftp://username:password@www.mydomain.com/folderIWant/")

The trailing slash is important.

Easier is the way we did it in our Day Zero session, if you have an
on-rev account: create a small iRev file on the server like this:

<?rev
   set the defaultfolder to folderIWant
   put the files
?>

Then from your stack, you call the iRev file:

  get url ("http://www.mydomain.com/irevFileName.irev")

Works slick.

You could also create an old-style cgi to return the info too.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com