DataGrid - drag & Drop rearranging order

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed Sep 2 15:59:48 EDT 2009

On Sep 2, 2009, at 3:24 AM, Jim Sims wrote:

> On Sep 2, 2009, at 8:51 AM, Trevor DeVore wrote:
>>
>> Are you watching the conference today? I just might be posting an
>> updated data grid with built in support for this and showing how to
>> do it :-)
>
> Unfortunately I will not be watching it.
>
> How soon will that feature become available? I need to have rows
> with a few words and one image that can be rearranged in order -
> that would be extremely helpful for a project I'm working on.

You can download the test version I shared at the conference here:
<http://www.bluemangolearning.com/download/revolution/tools/revdatagridlibrary.rev.zip

This lesson shows how to upgrade it:
<http://revolution.screenstepslive.com/spaces/revolution/buckets/tutorials/lessons/6186-Upgrading-the-Data-Grid-Library

After installing the update you can add the following dragStart
handler to your data grid group.

on dragStart
    put the dgDataControl of the target into theDataControl

    ## Watch out for dragging on the header
    if theDataControl is empty then pass dragStart

    ## Get Data Grid index of control that was clicked on
    put the dgIndex of the dgDataControl of the target into theIndex

    ## Tell Data Grid to set the dragImage to the row
    ## that theIndex is associated with
    set the dgDragImageIndex of me to theIndex

    ## Set the dragData["private"] so that drag operation begins
    set the dragData["private"] to empty

    ## Tell Data Grid to track drag reordering
    set the dgTrackDragReorder[theIndex] of me to true
end dragStart

After the user reorders a line the Data Grid will receive the
DragReorderDrop message. Here is the basic code that will set the new
line position of the row that was dragged and redraw the grid.

on DragReorderDrop pOriginatingIndex, pStartLine, pDroppedOnLine
    if pStartLine is not pDroppedOnLine then
       ## Tell data grid about new order
       SetLineOfIndex pOriginatingIndex, pDroppedOnLine

       ## redraw the data grid after this message has finished running
       send "RefreshList" to me in 0 seconds
    end if
end DragReorderDrop

--