Another "How to do this in a Revlet?" thread

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Sat Oct 31 13:35:02 EDT 2009

I  have seen instances where the user ISP somehow can hihack some html
errors and take one's browser to another site. This happened recently with
my Comcast account. They recently patched my account to a 'Network Helper'
panel without asking or notifying, and every 'page not found' error sent me
to a 'friendly' comcast erro page instead of my own (including ON-Rev's
helpful error messages).  I had to 'sign in' to their stupid website, do
some research, and finally found a control panel to turn off.

Never underestimate the reach of your ISP.  I hate Comcast, but nobody else
offers the kind of speed they do in my part of town for now.   We'll see all
kinds of dirty tricks as the cable companies want you to have access to the
net, but get not all your TV through the net. Expect content filtering in
the future as the web becomes the new TV. These Comcast jokers want me to
subscribe to "Basic Cable" for only $5 more/month, yeah right, and a two
year contract. No thanks to TV and the contract.

Waiting for faster DSL or Fiber
Stephen Barncard
San Francisco
http://houseofcubes.com/disco.irev