FTP Questions

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Oct 28 12:29:46 EDT 2009

Warren Kuhl wrote:
> I am working on a application that needs to upload multiple files to a
> server. I see there are multiple ways to take care of this:
>
> ie.
> put url("binfiles:" & tFile) into url turl
> -or-
> libURLftpUploadFile command
>
> My question is...is one way better then the other as far as efficiency,
> error checking, etc?
>
> Also...I have encountered the message 'Error - Previous request in
> process" and the FTP doesn't work. What does this mean? How can I get around
> this?

I believe the difference is that "put url..." is a blocking call, so
that no further attempts will be made until the last one has completed.

FWIW I use "put url..." in my WebMerge product, and we have some
customers uploading tens of thousands of files in a batch without error.

I wish I could take credit for that, but it's all Dave Cragg's excellent
work in libURL.  Thanks, Dave!

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation