How to filter a big list

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 17:34:40 EDT 2009

Jérôme,

Are you applying the filter to a text field? If so, try temporarily
saving the field to a variable, applying the filter to the variable,
then saving the variable back to the field. The speed should increase
dramatically. If you're already doing this, I'm afraid I don't have
another suggestion.

Chris

On Oct 19, 2009, at 2:49 PM, Jérôme Rosat wrote:

> I wish to filter a list which contains approximately 300'000 lines.
> I try the "filter ... with" command. It's slow.
>
> I try the "Repeat for each" loop but it's slower.
>
> Is it possible to use the "filter ... with" command and to "force"
> RunRev to check only one "item" of the line and not the whole line
> with the "filterPattern" ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jerome

Chris Sheffield