GLX2

Jerry Daniels jerry.daniels at me.com
Mon Nov 30 19:53:45 EST 2009

Terry,

I had the same experience you did, only sooner. I created tRev as a
result and switched to it. With tRev, I code less and debug less for
some reason. The workflow definitely changes your approach to
problems. I didn't realize how much I was using GLX2 debugger as a
coding environment. The decoder just does the minimum. The object
browser gets you to your stuff quickly and the coding environs is as
debris-free as I've ever been able to make it.

Whatever you decide...have a great holiday season and have fun out
there!

Best,

Jerry Daniels

The latest Rev Editor Video:
http://reveditor.com/feature-friday-drag-n-drop-stacks-0

On Nov 30, 2009, at 6:31 PM, Terry Judd wrote:

> On 1/12/09 11:18 AM, "Jerry Daniels" <jerry.daniels at me.com> wrote:
>
>> I know GLX2 is very powerful (manly, too), but since it doesn't touch
>> any of Rev's data or objects, I wonder how it broke Rev's debugger?
>> Perhaps you meant to say that with GLX2 running, Rev's debugger
>> wouldn't run?
>
> Hi Jerry - I hope I wasn't too negative about GLX2 because my
> experiences
> with it up to Rev 3.5 were great. I really loved the way it organised
> handlers, it's autocomplete feature and the fact that it's debugger
> didn't
> get bogged down by large arrays. However, it stopped being useful as a
> debugger for me somewhere along the way (and I'll admit here that I
> didn't
> renew my license when it expired so I didn't have access to the latest
> version) and I continued to have problems with Rev's debugger (the
> 'continue' button would freeze or crash Rev, forcing me to abort any
> running
> script after inspecting a breakpoint) until I (reluctanly)
> uninstalled GLX2
> a couple of weeks ago.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Terry...
>

>> Best,
>>
>> Jerry Daniels
>>
>> The latest Rev Editor Video:
>> http://reveditor.com/feature-friday-drag-n-drop-stacks-0
>>
>> On Nov 30, 2009, at 5:37 PM, Terry Judd wrote:
>>
>>> How about the debugger? It broke in 3.5 and apparently broke Rev's
>>> as well
>>> (at least in my setup - OSX). I finally removed it the other day and
>>> I can
>>> now use the 'continue' button in the Rev debugger without freezing
>>> or
>>> crashing Rev. Despite all the good things said about tRev and my
>>> good (pre
>>> 3.5) experiences with GLX2 I'd still like the option to try tRev
>>> before
>>> buying (to see if I can live with a 'decoder' rather than a