tRev

Generic Email generic.email.30022 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 19:14:49 EST 2009

You are not at the same directory level with Revolution!
Quit and Re-situate t-Rev

Are you telling me to Quit and Re-situate, or are you telling me that by clicking this button YOU will quit and Re-situate?
Well, when I first ran tRev, it was at /Applications/tRev.app, which is a completely reasonable place for a OS X application to be.
I clicked the "Quit and Re-situate t-Rev" ... I waited for it to fix itself and reload. Nothing happened.
So I ran it again. It asked for my registration code again, and did a network update again... and complained with the error again.

You are not at the same directory level with Revolution!
Quit and Re-situate t-Rev

So, I figure directory level.... could it mean that it needs to be in the same directory as Revolution, or just any directory that is the same level....
Well Revolution is installed at /Applications/Revolution\ Enterprise/, which is a completely reasonable place to have Revolution installed.
So I would say that is level 2, /Applications would be level 1. So maybe it needs to be in /Applications/tRev/tRev.app, that way it will be at the same level.

So I ran it again. It asked for my registration code again, and did a network update again... and complained with the error again.

You are not at the same directory level with Revolution!
Quit and Re-situate t-Rev

I am obviously getting hung up on the "level" thing. Maybe he just wants to be in the same directory as Revolution, so I put it into /Applications/Revolution\ Enterprise/tRev.app

So I ran it again. It asked for my registration code again, and did a network update again... and complained with the error again.

You are not at the same directory level with Revolution!
Quit and Re-situate t-Rev

Then I started typing this email. As I typed I thought.... maybe it needs to be in /Applications/Revolution\ Enterprise/4.0.0-rc-1/tRev.app

This seems to work. Please accept my heartfelt recommendation to make this process simpler by distributing an installer if you need to be in a very specific place, and include a link from /Applications/tRev, as it in fairly standard. Or include a README.txt in the zip with the .app. Or something.

Thanks