Printing rubbish

Pierre Sahores psahores at free.fr
Sat Nov 28 16:19:22 EST 2009

Hi There,

See if this can help (mac os x and linux platforms only - just sticked
out of one of my 24/7 rev apps witch take an html block as input and
convert/save it as pdf) :

    put HTML_output into url ("file:" & HTML_to_save_path)
    get shell("/System/Library/Printers/Libraries/convert -f " &&
HTML_to_save_path && "-o" && PDF_to_save_path && "-j application/pdf")

Some doc there :

http://www.geekology.co.za/blog/2009/02/bulk-convert-html-rtf-to-pdf-using-mac-os-x-command-line-or-an-applescript/

or Googled it with :

System/Library/Printers/Libraries/convert

for the details

Best,

Pierre

Le 28 nov. 09 à 21:33, William de Smet a écrit :

> Hi Richmond,
>
> I tried this before and found the following script in one of my files:
> ---
>
> *put* fld "name" into tName
>
>  *put* tName into url ("file:"&specialFolderPath("Desktop")&"/
> test.pdf")
>
> ---
>

> This generates a PDF file on the desktop (OSX) and gets a Preview
> Icon.
>
> But when opening the file it gives an error. Probably there is still
> something missing.
>

> Greetings,
>

> William
>
> 2009/11/28 Richmond Mathewson <richmondmathewson at gmail.com>
>
>> On 11/28/09 7:29 PM, BNig wrote:
>>
>>> Richmond,
>>>
>>> if I put this into a button
>>> on mouseUp
>>>   revprintfield ("Field"&&  1)
>>> end mouseUp
>>> it starts a little dialog that looks unfamiliar but if I OK it
>>> then I get
>>> the usual printer dialog. If I then choose preview as output I get
>>> a PDF
>>> in
>>> preview. And I can save to a pdf-file in the usual manner.
>>> Mind you field 1 is a scrolling field with about 1 page worth of
>>> text of
>>> which only the 5 first lines are visible on the card. Everything
>>> is in the
>>> pdf. This is on MacOSX 10.5.8, Rev 4.0.0
>>> regards