SOAP

David Beck david_beck at rotundasoftware.com
Thu Nov 26 04:04:11 EST 2009

Hello,

I wanted to respond on list to my own post in case anybody finds the
answer to the question I asked helpful.

It seems there is no built in library as of the time of this post to do
SOAP calls with Rev. However, Mark Weider has written a helpful SOAP
library in Rev that he has graciously made available and it could likely
be is of great service in calling SOAP functions. Also, Bruce Pokras
uses Rev to make SOAP calls to the European Patent Office by making
templates for the requests and then filling in the values of any
parameters on the fly.

Another solution is to use the CallPHP library to make a SOAP request
through PHP and then return the result to the Rev application. This
solution enables the of use PHP's built in SOAP functions to create the
request and parse the response. However some configuration is required
to setup the CallPHP library, and you need a web host that supports PHP.
The CallPHP library is available at:

http://www.rotundasoftware.com/rev/callPHP.html

I am happy to help with any question related to this library.

All of these solutions at the root use the "post" rev command to
communicate with the remote server, so they are all blocking, but by
increasing the socketTimeoutInterval, it is possible to transfer even
very large amounts of data.

Thanks very much to Mark and Bruce for sharing their solutions.

David Beck
Rotunda Software