Error: wait aborted

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Tue Nov 24 16:44:58 EST 2009

Greetings!

Many of my users are reporting that my application is throwing this error (I have the debug options on when I created the standalone):

	Type: wait: aborted
	Object: button 'revLibURL' of group 'revLibraries' of card 'card id 1002'
	of stack '/Users/teacher/Downloads/myApp.app/Contents/MacOS/myApp'
	Line: wait for messages
	Line Num: 720
	Hint: ulStartRead

This comes from "revLibURL", so it's not something I wrote.  I can't repeat this (and I've tried!) as I believe it's probably a local network timeout issue.  However, I'd like to know what this means.  Anyone know?  My application reads and writes data to a server.  So, it's coming from a read that's formatted like this:

	put url ("http://www.myServer.com/folder/file.txt") into dataToWrite

Or a write like this:

	put dataToWrite into url ("ftp://uName:pWord@xxx.xxx.xxx.xx/folder/file.txt")

Any thoughts?  Thank you in advance for you time...

-Dan