Hot Tracking a text line in a field

Mark Stuart mstuart at adaptcrm.com
Mon Nov 23 16:16:07 EST 2009

Written by Terry Judd on Mon Nov 23, 2009 - 2:53 PM CST

Hi Mark - yes sorry about that. I was just typing some code off the top
of
my head and I didn't finish it off properly. The code should be...

local pLine
on mouseMove
    put word 2 of the mouseLine into tLine
    set the itemDel to tab
    if pLine > 0 then
        set the textStyle of item 2 of line pLine of me to plain
    end if
    if tLine > 0 then
        put tLine into pLine
        set the textStyle of item 2 of line pLine of me to underline
    end if
end mouseMove
<<

Hi Terry,
Here's my adjusted script to make it work for my situation:
Instead of using "item 2", I changed it to "word 1 to -1". This
underlines the words in my TreeView field only.
And I had to add the "lock screen" and "unlock screen" to stop the
flickering.

local pLine
on mouseMove
   lock screen
   put word 2 of the mouseLine into tLine
   set the itemDel to tab
   if pLine > 0 then
      set the textStyle of word 1 to -1 of line pLine of me to plain
   end if
   if tLine > 0 then
      put tLine into pLine
      set the textStyle of word 1 to -1 of line pLine of me to underline
   end if
   unlock screen
end mouseMove

Works well, and thanx for the help Terry.

Regards,
Mark Stuart