Front Script Issues

Peter Haworth pete at mollysrevenge.com
Mon Nov 23 14:29:09 EST 2009

Richard,
Thanks for the infor and I will re-read the article on the message path.

You wrote:

FrontScript are handy, but they're available for a very specific
purpose:  to catch ALL messages BEFORE objects get them.

That is exactly what I'm trying to achieve and it works like a charm
except for this complication of messages from IDE stacks getting
caught in these front scripts.  I'm able to carry out some standard
logic for the type of message and then pass it on to the same message
handler for the object itself.  I could be wrong but I can't think of
another way to do that without extra coding.

Since they work so well for me, I'm reluctant to abandon front scripts
but I have to find a way to figure out whether messages are coming
from IDE stacks or mine.  I notice that, with a couple of exceptions,
all the IDE stacks start with "rev" so it might be fairly simple to
check for IDE messages.

Pete Haworth