Data Grid Question

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Sat Nov 21 09:35:18 EST 2009

On Nov 21, 2009, at 5:09 AM, Jan Schenkel wrote:

> The parameter sent to FillInData, pData, is an array with one
> element for each column name. So assuming your second column is
> named "Foobar", then your FillInData handler would look something
> like:
> ##
> on FillInData pData
>  set the text of field 1 of me to TimeOnLine(pData["Foobar"])
> end FillInData
> ##

Stewart and Jan,

FillInData gets an array when working with Data Grid forms but not
tables. For tables it is just the column value.

You can get other column values using GetDataOfIndex however. Inside
of FillInData you would call it like this:

put GetDataOfIndex(the dgIndex of me, "Foobar") into theValue

<http://lessons.runrev.com/spaces/lessons/manuals/datagrid/lessons/7344-Data-Grid-API

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems