[ANN] tRev Feature Friday: drag-n-drop layering; inline editing!
jerry.daniels at me.com
Fri Nov 20 21:14:23 CST 2009
We have a fine 4 minute video that demonstrates how tRev's Object
Browser will now let you:
- Drag an object in the Object Browser to re-layer it.
- Shift+drag an object to clone and relayer it.
- Double-click an object name in Browser to re-name it.
- BONUS: Set content of a label field WHILE you re-name it!
To edit the name of a control listed in the Object Browser, you need
only double-click on the actual name of the control.
Why doesn't the Revolution application browser support these same
simple, standard features?
The developers of the Rev IDE have to worry about what version of the
engine you're running. This precludes using some of the newer features
like the new drag and drop messages and the formattedTop property--all
of which make allow us to do relayering and inline editing in tRev's
tRev can run the most recent engine and never worry about the IDE,
since it runs in its own application partition. That means you don't
have to worry about the IDE, either!
All users can update now!
If you want to edit something, we can help!
- tRev: http://reveditor.com/tag/trev
- tText: http://reveditor.com/tag/ttext
More information about the use-livecode