Mac ODBC connection to MSSQL on Windows Server

Len Morgan len-morgan at crcom.net
Thu Nov 19 23:01:46 EST 2009

Mark,

If you've got a functional ODBC driver on the MAC it should work just
like it was on Windows.  At the wire level, it's just talking on sockets.

As far as using it in a revLet, it appears all of us that have this need
are, shall we say, screwed.  You will have to have some sort of .cgi
process on a server somewhere that will be able to talk ODBC to the
database server and use sockets to talk to the revLet(s).  It can be a
simple as passing the parameters you were going to pass to the revDB
call along with the name of the routine (as text) and then excute this
on the cgi end to talk to the "real" database.  It's quick and dirty but
should be easy to get up and running.  You can make it more robust later
if there's a hurry to get something done.

Better yet, get after runRev to give us someway to communicate with
databases from revLets and the problem will be solved.

len