Snapshot problems

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 15:37:41 EST 2009

Howard Bornstein wrote:
> I am trying to do a similar thing. In my case I have some content in a group
> that is larger than the group rectangle, so it scrolls within the group.
> However, I'd like to be able to take a snapshot of the entire group
> contents, even the parts that extend beyond the rectangle (and can only be
> seen by scrolling).
>
> I tried your example " import snapshot from grp "MyCompositeThang" but it
> only created a picture of the group with its scroll bars, not the entire
> internal contents of the group.
>
> Is there an easy way to get this? As I add things to the group, I'd like to
> be able to create a complete image of the entire group contents, even the
> parts that are not visible within the group rectangle.

I doubt it.

You could expand the group for the snapshot and resize it back to its
standard size after the snapshot has been taken.

The only snag is that if your expanded group is bigger than your card
the snapshot won't all be visible.

I would favour EXPORT snapshot, which will send the snapshot off to
your default folder and not mask anything.