revlet not only on on-rev? was: some HD fun

Klaus on-rev klaus at major.on-rev.com
Wed Nov 11 13:14:27 EST 2009

Hi Tiemo,

> Hi there,
>
> I didn't had the time yet to care about all this great new revlet stuff and
> now, when I see this nice testsite from Colin, I stuck.
>
> Up to no, from only crossreading all the new announcements I was thinking,
> that revlets can only be hosted on the on-rev.com server. And now I see
> first time in Colins URL that he runs a revlet on a "normal" server. If this
> is true the revlets are even more attractive as they are yet.

Yep, since Revlets are just files, their display is managed by the freely downloadable
plug-in, so this is not server dependant.

> Could somebody shed a bit of light on this for me in a few words, if I
> understood something wrong and if so, what for is the on-rev domain offer
> for 499,00 (or something like that)

ON-REV is the only way in the moment to have the nice iRev scripts which is some
kind of server-sided scripting/cgi.

But the mothership also announced that the server plug-in(?) will be made available
some time after the release of Rev 4.

Someone correct me please if I am wrong.

Hope that clears some things :-)

> Thanks

> Tiemo

Best