revTalk - iRev - revWeb - PHP - iPhone and back again

Jim Sims sims at ezpzapps.com
Tue Nov 10 00:28:36 EST 2009

On Nov 9, 2009, at 3:24 PM, Thomas McGrath III wrote:

> Yeah that's great except where do I learn about this in runRev?
> Examples? How to's? This is complex to me.

If making a Rev CGI thing worries you, it's not that hard really. The
whole web mashup thing seems far more confusing to me  :-/

To make a Rev CGI follow Jacque's tutorial, it's step by step. Once
you learn it you'll love it, enables you to do all kinds of cool things.

You do need a CGI friendly ISP however, I use http://www.jaguarpc.com/

I have a CGI up right now that sends out emails, does passwords &
login, writes to files for archive use, etc., but most importantly
talks to Windows or OS X standalones.

http://www.xhoutout.com

Click signup and use Malta and Gozo as username and password.

You'll see it create web pages, add new users to a list, send
messages. Needs a little more work but you'll be able to fiddle with
it a bit.

sims