revTalk - iRev - revWeb - PHP - iPhone and back again

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 9 22:39:20 EST 2009

On Nov 9, 2009, at 6:45 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> Jim Ault wrote:
>>
>> On-Rev does allow the use of CGI and IREV and PHP in the same
>> domain, the same web site, but not on the same web page (actually
>> you can, but you need to know a trick or two get this to work.  I
>> will post links to some working examples of this on my OnRev domain
>> when I get them dressed up a bit.  They are ugly at the moment.)
>
> I think it's ugly by nature. ;) But I managed to combine them this
> way: <http://jacque.on-rev.com/codebits/dualrevlets.irev>. The irev
> page calls the CGI, which returns data, which the irev page
> displays. This was also the only way I could find to put a stack in
> use at the moment. If you know any other tricks, I'm interested.

There are a couple besides the call to the CGI script [Rev engine] on
the OnRev server.
If I get some client work done tonight, I will finish my pages that
illustrate some tricks.
Otherwise it will be tomorrow night.
I need to use these tricks for my client, but other work needs to be
done for tomorrow... so for sure by Wed morning.

> I think it's ugly by nature. ;)
Not by web access standards.  This kind of access is actually the
backbone of browser success.  Your browser does a mash-up of a variety
of technologies and resources in the same web page (between the <html>
bunches of stuff </html>  tags ).

You should look behind the scenes of a simple WordPress blog.. tons of
PHP function calls and combined resources.

more later.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas