including a file on on-rev

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Sat Nov 7 19:06:32 EST 2009

Claudi Cornaz wrote:

> Well anyway here are some pieces of what I tried and failed.
>
> include "../lib/ccStats.irev"  -- failed with "FTP error file
> "/testing/..//lib/cc_PageStats.irev" not present.
>         the include call was made from a page in the "testing" folder.
> Why that folders name is added I don't know
>
> include "http://claudi.on-rev.com/lib/cc_PageStats.irev"          -
> fails

I think that was a misleading error message, in that it was a failure
that occurred when the on-rev client tried to download the included file
to allow you to view/edit it. I suspect this because the on-rev client
uses ftp, while the processing of an include in the interpreter
doesn't.  Still doesn't explain why it failed, or why the double '/' is
in there - but if I'm right about this being an on-rev client error,
then it does explain why the 'testing' was in the file path.

btw - include '../lib/file.irev' does work for me. Try checking with an
ftp program, rather than the irev client, that all your files are
exactly where you expect them to be.

-- Alex.