Anyone know of a hue sort stack?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu Nov 5 04:44:39 EST 2009

Recently, planix wrote:

> The main thing will probably be determining how
> accurate the user's sort is. As the hue is determined by the RGB values, I
> guess I just need calculate how far away an individual object is from it's
> 'true' location by subtracting the object's RGB from the location's expected
> RGB- something like that. I am thinking to score using a single unit
> indicator of how many spots away from the 'true' location the object is
> placed. I'll just need to think about how to find out how many spots away it
> is given that hue varies across the 3 RGB values.

Perhaps you're overthinking this?  If you create a gradient and divide it
into 20 slices or whatever number you need, you simply need to number the
slices from 1 to 20 and evaluate the slice order at runtime.  The RGB values
are essentially unnecessary.  I may be missing something in your
description, but it seems the app can be built quite simply.

(BTW, I got 0 wrong on the Web test -- does this mean I'm sane or on the
edge?)

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director