Off-Line revlets?

David Coker davidocoker at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 14:40:44 EST 2009

>Is it possible for an end-user to 'salvage' a revlet from
>a browser cache and thereby continue using it, effectively
>as a free-standing program, when not connected to the internet?

>AND;

>If this is, at least theoretically possible, is there a way to prevent it?

Hello Richmond,
Here is the solution that was given to my similar question a few days ago (Thanks Malte!):

>this script executes a bit of javascript in the browser. The result
>will then contain the URL your revLet has been launched from and you
>can react accordingly. so you might want to do this on openstack for
>example

on openStack
local tURL
do "document.location.href;" in browser
put the result into tURL
if tURL <> "path/you/would/expect.html" then
answer "You are using my revlet from an unknown location. Please use
it from my site instead"
-- do a redirect here if you wish or quit
end if
end openStack