Off-Line revlets?

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 14:21:08 EST 2009

Colin Holgate wrote:
> You can reasonably easily get the revlet file, and save the html, and
> run those locally. Renaming the revlet to be rev doesn't appear to
> give you a good stack, for what that's worth.

I am aware that renaming the revlet doesn't result in a stack as the
build process pays put to that.

However, after one h*ll of a lot of work I am about to deploy a
web-based 'thing' which will be entirely
FREE. Now,call me naive, call me 'Richmond' [in some quarters these are
regarded as virtual synonyms . . .   :) ],
but I hope to pick up revenue by marketing both:

1. A standalone at a modest price (say $10) that has the same
capabilities as the web-based 'thing'.

and, at a later date,

2. A 'Premium' program (with expanded capabilities) for slightly more
(say$100).

I hope that the web-based 'thing' will act as a 'ramp' and pursuade a
certain number of users
to pay for either #1 or #2.

Now, obviously, if the revlett is saveable, #1 is "down the kibosh".