Correct Rev File Association?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed May 27 20:40:14 EDT 2009

Richard Gaskin wrote:
> Scott Rossi wrote:
>
>> A customer of mine is reporting that his Mac system is currently treating
>> stacks as standalone apps: double-clicking a stack in the Finder launches
>> the stack as a standalone app without Rev's IDE.  The problem appears
>> to be
>> a file-association issue.  Looking in the Get Info window for the stack
>> shows "Standalone (default)" as the default application under "Open
>> with:".
>> Changing this to any version of Rev and clicking "Change All..." fails to
>> stick (reverts back to Standalone).
>>
>> Is there a way to force-update the default app without reinstalling
>> Rev or
>> resorting to a 3rd party tool?
>
> It may be unrelated to the Rev install.
>
> Does he have a standalone on his HD named "Standalone"?

"Standalone" is the name of the runtime engine(s) used by the standalone
builder. I see that in OS X, both Standalone and Revolution have the
same creator code -- "Revo". The Finder must be getting confused.

If the customer doesn't need to build standalones, he could try zipping
the OS X apps inside the Runtime folder. That may force the Finder to
"see" other copies of "Revo".

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com