Launching .rev files on WinXP

Mark Stuart mstuart at adaptcrm.com
Fri May 22 12:38:19 EDT 2009

Written by Bill Andersen on Fri May 22, 2009 - 09:22 AM CDT

OK, I guess I need the long weekend more than I realized...
I have 3.5.0 build 870 on my WinXP Pro computer.  When I double click
on a ".rev" file, it luanches the Rev IDE, but it doesn't load the file.
I must go to File>Open and select the file.  Then it will open.
I right clicked on the .rev file and said "Open with" to see if it
might correct the problem, but I don't even have the "Revolution.exe"
file as an option.  I "browsed" to the .exe and selected it, but
it still won't show up in the list of available programs to open up
the file...
Anyone else seen this?
Bill
<<<

Hi Bill,
I've found that applying the following changes, seems to fix things with
this concern:

1) Open Windows Explorer
2) Select Tools > Folder Options from the pulldown menu
3) Click on the File Types tab
4) hilite the REV Extension (typing REV will locate the line)
5) Click the 'Advanced' button
6) Select the 'Open' action and click the 'Edit...' button
Now...
In the 'Application used to perform action:' field, browse to the rev
folder for which version of RunRev you want launched for ALL .rev files.
The result of editing this, should look like this:

   "C:\Program Files\Revolution Studio\3.5.0-gm-2\Revolution.exe" "%1"

The "%1" parameter is the file that is being selected to open by you.
Click OK to save your changes.

--
 HTH you,
 Mark Stuart