Converting server-based cgi app to work locally

Richard Miller wow at together.net
Tue May 19 10:40:24 EDT 2009

I have a Rev app that is closely integrated with some remote
server-based Rev cgi scripting. I'd like to modify the app so it can
work locally when there's no internet connection.

I have lots of calls like this:

 put url ("http://65.23.xxx.x/cgi-bin/RevSearch.cgi?setcompdata=" &
compfile & "=" & urlencode(compdata)) into x

What's the simplest way to modify this to work locally? I have no
experience doing this. I'm thinking I can put a Rev cgi engine somewhere
on my PC and then simply change the URL so it points locally. Does that
engine need to go into a specific folder or can it go anywhere? How then
do I structure the URL?

Thanks for any help with this.

Richard Miller