OT: Increasing the volume in a movie clip

Martin Koob mkoob at rogers.com
Mon May 18 07:46:37 EDT 2009

Mark Schonewille <m.schonewille at ...> writes:

> Hi Ryno,
>
> In QT there is something like movie properties, which lets you change
> balance and volume among other things.
>
> --
> Best regards,
>
> Mark Schonewille

> http://economy-x-talk.com
> http://www.salery.biz
> Dutch forum: http://runrev.info/rrforum
>
> New: Snapper Screen Recorder 2.0.1
> Download at http://snapper.economy-x-talk.com
>
> On 18 mei 2009, at 08:07, Ryno Swart wrote:
>

> > For years I have had a movie clip of birdsong in Venice. It is
> > exquisite, crisp and clear, but very faint. Is there some way I can
> > raise the volume? I have iMovie, and assorted audio shareware, but I
> > cannot make it happen. I know that a number of revolutionaries are
> > working with sound, and I would appreciate any help.
> >
> > Ryno
> > http://artistvision.org
> > http://croptoolapplication.com/

If you have the movie displayed in a quicktime player
in a revolution stack or in a web page with a
quicktime controller in  safari and in other applications
you can increase the playback volume up to
300%.  To do that press the shift key while clicking
the volume control in the Quicktime movie
controller.  This will reveal an extended volume
slider with tick marks at 100% and 200%.  You can drag
the slider up to overdrive the audio up to 3x.

Martin