Synchronous scrolling Solved

DunbarX at aol.com DunbarX at aol.com
Fri May 15 16:51:36 EDT 2009

Scott.

Groups, always groups. Thanks. Works fine, but differently.

When scrolled, the fields themselves are viewed as if they are under a
"window", as if they were actual scrolls unrolling under a fixed viewing area. I
guess this actually makes sense. My flds overlap their scrollbars so only
the righthandmost is visible, and the thumb actually is moved out of the
"picture" as the group scrolls. I cannot see that this loses anything in the
translation, but it is not a true synchronous scroll.

No matter. I simply changed the fields from scrolling fields to ordinary
fields, and the effect (and structural difference) is moot. As a matter of
style for this task, it is not recommended having scrolling fields at all (I am
pontificating to myself here).

This is why I have to concentrate on what Rev is, as opposed to how it is
just a superset of HC.

I am surprised at the sluggishness of trapping and processing the
scrollBarDrag message, given Rev's usual speed.

Joe, thanks for the reply, but locking/unlocking has little effect.

Craig Newman