Gender [was: Re: Cancel a repeat with a button]

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Thu May 14 23:02:04 EDT 2009

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 1:02 AM, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>wrote:

> It gets worse: <http://jacque.on-rev.com/jacque/jacque.html>
>
> What do you mean it gets worse, Jwack ;-) ?

When we have to sign for a package, we both sign "J Gay" because it's faster
to write. Both our middle names start with "S" too

Talk about convenient! The number of times I have to forge a signature - we
have his and hers cars and inevitable it is the 'other' who is about at
registration time and so we both end up doing our best effort at the other's
signature. Deliveries always turn up when the wrong one of us is at home.
Neither of us is going to have him come back later! In the case of credit
cards, I don't even bother now trying to forge the signature, I just use my
own and I've never had any problems! - which I guess is a bit worrying ;-(

So maybe it isn't convenience, as we all probably sign on behalf of our
significant other all the time, but in your case you can have a clearer
conscience ;-)